A Trip To Learn Kung Fu In China At An Ancient Shaolin Temple
Apply Now (for cost details)
Learn Kung Fu In China From Shaolin Monks At An Ancient Shaolin Temple
Always thought about learning Kung Fu but never found your “Master Chifu”, who could hone your super human reflexes and lightning-fast moves ?
Here is your chance Panda, we are taking you on a Pilgrimage.
No, Not the religious kind silly.
After our incredible first trip to this really special place in May, we are going back again in September 2017 to learn kung fu in China in beautiful autumn weather.(Check out the amazing photos of our May 2017 trip in the photo gallery above) And again, we are taking a few lucky folks with us to the literal home of Kung Fu deep in beautiful mountains, where you will be temporarily inducted as “Shaolin Disciples” and be a part of the legend.
The lives of Shaolin Monks and their training has always been shrouded in mystery and to most, this will remind of the awesome movie, KungFu Panda! But we are talking about the real world and THIS, is really happening.
In September and October, we have created an opportunity again for a few people to learn Kung Fu in China and to experience a very sacred Shaolin Temple which is like the University of Shaolin Kung Fu, surrounded by gorgeous mountains. This is where KungFu originated 1500 years ago and this is where the legendary Shaolin Monks live!!
In fact, the person who founded Zen Buddhism in China was an Indian by the name Bodhidharma who, also founded Shaolin Kung Fu. He didn’t call his new religion, “Zen,” because that word didn’t exist in China. he just added Kung Fu to his Buddhism. His shrine is on top of a mountain next to the 1500-year-old Shaolin temple where we will be living and training with real warrior Shaolin Monks in the flesh!!
(Check out the amazing photos of our May 2017 trip in the photo gallery above)
“But what will we learn from Shaolin Monks there ?”
Obviously, in one week we won’t learn to split bricks into two with our hand. You will, however, LEARN THE BASICS of this mysterious ancient martial arts from true masters. Of course, if you fall in love this amazing ancient martial art, we can arrange for you to stay at the Shaolin Temple for an extended period of time ranging from a month to a even a year if you fancy !!
During our one week trip, we will learn Kung Fu techniques from Warrior Shaolin Monks inside the temple, whilst also exploring Zen Buddhist Meditation that Shaolin Monks practise. You will on a daily basis also train for strength, speed, stamina, impact conditioning and applications with their guidance along with Kung Fu lessons.
This is not just a trip to learn Kung Fu in China, we will also learn about Buddhism, the culture and even other art forms that Shaolin Monks have developed in this area over the centuries.
“But I’ve never done any Martial Arts or Kung Fu Training before ?”
This super special journey is open to everyone who wants to come learn Kung fu in China and you don’t need any prior physical training or experience in Martial Arts. However, you do need to be healthy and have some basic fitness in place if you want to be able to keep up with the physically demanding program.
Of course, it will be great for you if you do have prior training in which case you will learn more advanced techniques of Shaolin Kung Fu from the amazing Shaolin Monks known for their intense secret training and gravity defying moves. Check out this crazy advanced Weapon Skills display showcase video we made of Shaolin Monks at the Shaolin Temple
Beginners; Remember, This is not a picnic 🙂
NOTE: The Group Dates have been designed so you get 2 weekends during your trip, so effectively you just need to take leave for 5-6 days only 🙂
*If you are a group of friends and these dates don’t work for you, send us a message when you apply and we can figure something out.
22nd September (Friday) to 1st October (Sunday)
*you can choose to reach Beijing on 23rd Sept (Saturday) if that works better for you
29th September (Friday) to 8th October (Sunday)
*you can choose to reach Beijing on 30th Sept (Saturday) if that works better for you
You can choose to extend your trip and learn Kung Fu in China with us for both the group dates together for 20 days instead of Just 10 if you like for a more immersive experience!
Message us about it when you apply using the Application form
Awesome people just like you, come for our trips from various cities and countries and we don’t like for it to be too crowded. So we cap the average number per group between 8 – 12 people with a healthy ratio!
These are once-in-a-lifetime experiences, not those touristy hordes being packed up in buses like sheep 🙂
It’s Autumn Time in China in September and October and we are expecting beautiful sunny days and slightly chilly nights with gorgeous yellow and orange hues of the forests on hills all around the Shaolin Temple!
So not only is it a great time to Learn Kung Fu In China without sweating your ass off but also the views are going to be unparalleled during this time 🙂
Important Note: You can choose to reach Beijing on Saturday instead of Friday in case that works better for you in terms of leave from work etc
- Friday: Arrive in Beijing any time and chill. Explore the buzzing locality around the Hotel, there is enough to explore walking right around our hotel for our first day.And in the night we go try out some crazy Chinese local delicacies.
- Saturday: We explore the sights of Beijing on a full day tour that includes a trip to the Great Wall of China just outside of Beijing and check out other local places of Interest.
- Sunday: We take a 3 Hour Bullet train in the morning to Zhengzhou and from there take a transfer to The Shaolin Temple away from the city and in the mountains to learn Kung fu in China. We relax and get acquainted with the Temple and its surroundings for the rest of the day. It is a really gorgeous place and you will be amazed seeing the little Shaolin kids practising their daily routines along with the Monks all around the place. Sit back and let the vibe soak in.
- Monday – Saturday: We will begin our training and have daily morning and afternoon training sessions with Shaolin Monk Teachers covering various aspects of Martial Arts, Meditation, Buddhism and Culture.
We will also have free time to explore the beautiful mountains around the temple with stunning views.It is home to a lot of cultural and historical monuments totally worth exploring.
There is a forest close by, secret caves and mountain peaks with panoramic views. There is enough exploration to be done through the secrets of this incredibly special place and culture with an astounding 1500-year-old history that actually has its roots in India!!! ( who would have thought!!)
- Sunday: We return back to Beijing and head straight to the Airport to fly back home after that truly once in a lifetime experience.
- 6 Nights of accommodation in a hostel at the Shaolin Temple on sharing basis
- 2 Night Stay in Beijing ( One night at the beginning of the trip and one towards the end)
- All meals only during the duration of Stay at the Temple (There are vegetarian food options available)
- All transportation between Beijing, Zhengzhou and the Shaolin Temple
- Daily Shaolin Kung Fu classes inside the Shaolin Temple, with a genuine Shaolin Warrior Monk
- Daily cardio, strength, conditioning and technique application training
- Zen Meditation Sessions
- A tour of the Shaolin Temple
- A tour to the Pagoda Forest, Damo Cave and Wuru Peak etc
- Opportunity to enjoy a Shaolin kung fu performance at the Shaolin Temple
- Opportunity to volunteer at the Shaolin Temple Orphanage
- Certificate of participation
- International airfare
- China entry visa fee ( An official Invitation Letter from the Temple for our group will be provided for Visa Application)
- One night Stay in Your Own Tent On The Great Wall or We can help arrange a rental tent and sleeping bag in Beijing at a nominal price
- Any kind of personal expenses
In case you missed it, BEEP trips are not your usual “sightseeing tour packages” to commercial destinations. These are unique experiences that deserve passionate and awesome people, in pursuit of the extraordinary.
There are very limited spots possible on each trip that we put together with all our heart and soul and there are only so many we can do in a year. So to ensure that we have a fun bunch of awesome people on each of these amazing journeys, we ask you to….
Just fill in the quick form given below and you will hear from us shortly along with the cost.
- You only have to make a token deposit as specified in our email to reserve your spot.
- The token deposit is refundable before 45 days prior to the Start Date of the Trip in the form of a voucher that you can use for any BEEP Trip anytime in the future.
- Within 45 Days of the start date of the Trip, there will be no refund of the Token Deposit but you do have the option to transfer it to another person who can join the trip instead of you.
- In the unlikely scenario of a Force Majeure/Weather/Natural Calamity causing the event to not take place, the Token deposit will be refunded in the form of a voucher that you can use for any BEEP Trip anytime in the future.