Scuba diving in Maldives, in general, is a total dream but now add to that a rare congregation of dozens and sometimes even hundreds of Giant Manta Rays that are “flying” around you underwater! Most divers are happy seeing one Manta Ray, but seeing them play around in a group is a memory for life!
Manta Rays are super peaceful, gentle and totally harmless (don’t confuse them with Sting Rays, that can sting) and each one of them can grow up to 15- 20 feet in wingspan, let that settle in!!!
They eat plankton, the tiniest particles in the oceans and not human beings 🙂
This is an extraordinary natural phenomenon that has been happening in a really special and remote part of the Maldives every year between July and September. A bay the size of a football field acts like a funnel and traps plankton underwater that attracts these friendly “Giant Underwater Birds” aka manta Rays that look like Alien Space Ships, to come feed on that plankton!
The bay where Manta rays congregate to feed is less than 10 minutes away from our Hotel on a speed boat. We have drones to check for if Manta rays have arrived in the bay and plan the snorkelling trip accordingly to give you the best chance and enjoying this spectacular phenomena.
If you are an experienced diver, you are in for a party and if you are a beginner, you are going to be spoilt for life!
As mentioned earlier, the best part is that this Manta Rays Maldives Scuba diving Trip is not just for experienced Scuba Divers but is also open to complete beginners. For those who want to learn Scuba Diving and finish their Beginner’s 4 Day PADI Open Water Course.
And the ones who have already finished their 4 Day Open Water Course, can come along and finish your Advanced Open Water Course during this trip.
In general, you cannot stay in the Maldives without having to sell your kidney, leave alone the diving costs 🙂 This Maldives Diving package, however, is all about White Sands, crystal clear waters, an extraordinary underwater experience of a lifetime and everything else that the Maldives embodies, EXCEPT THE PROHIBITIVELY EXPENSIVE PART!
This Manta Rays Maldives Scuba diving Trip, like almost all our small group trips, is relatively budget friendly (considering that the Maldives is known to be ultra expensive) and yet doesn’t sacrifice the awesomeness.
We will be staying at a fantastic Hotel right off a white sand beach and turquoise waters with all modern comforts on a gorgeous little island in the middle of nowhere and experiencing what even most divers in the world won’t in this lifetime.
All this, at an unbelievable fraction of the general exorbitant Maldives Price tags!
– This is a super epic annual 5 night 6 day trip is extremely sought after by serious Scuba divers and beginner divers alike, from around the world!!
– Manta Rays are absolutely harmless, gentle and peaceful creatures that feed on plankton (not to be confused with Sting Rays that can sting)!!! 🙂
– You can do this super special scuba diving trip ONLY IN July, August and September, because this super rare Manta Ray Congregation Phenomena of dozens and possibly hundreds of Manta Rays congregating in one place happens only during monsoon time due to the plankton build up in the water during this time, which is what they come together to feed on !
– Monsoon in the Maldives is not what you imagine, it rains in short spurts from time to time and not a constant downpour and this in facts keeps the temperatures cool instead of the usual burning sun and sunsets are super colourful and gorgeous due to the clouds.
– This is an all inclusive trip with accommodation at a premium resort right on the beach with all meals, domestic flights, scuba diving, government permissions, all taken care of in the package itself.
Sample testimonial content area
Sample testimonial content area
Land at Male International Airport which is the Capital of Maldives anytime in the day.
You will then board another 30-minute domestic flight (included in the package) from the Domestic Terminal next door which will take you straight to our secret island and check in at our gorgeous resort where you will meet the rest of the group.
The remainder of the day is free to chill, relax and enjoy the spectacular view from this tiny little gem of an island in the middle of nowhere.
The resort is right on a white sands, turquoise waters beach, check out pictures in the photo on top of this page.
Typically, you will be busy with your diving/diving course post breakfast until noon or early afternoon, after which you have the rest of the day to relax or explore.
If you are lucky, think hundreds of Manta Rays with wingspans of upto 15 feet flying all around you underwater like Alien Spaceships 🙂
You take your domestic flight (included in the package) back from the Island to Male (the capital) and then you are ready to fly back home on any flight that departs post noon, ideally.
GROUP DATES: ( No other months are possible for this particular trip to Maldives)
Group 1: 6th July – 11th July
Group 2: 20th July – 25th July
Group 3: 7th August – 12th August
Group 4: 21st August – 26th August
Group 5: 4th September – 9th September
Group 6: 18th September – 23rd September
– If the above group dates don’t work you then we can organize this particular scuba diving trip for you on any dates of your choice but ONLY in July, August or September and ONLY IF you are a minimum of 2 friends together already.
– This trip is OPEN TO BEGINNERS who want to do their PADI Open Water Scuba diving License Course.
– From October 2021 to May 2022, every month, we will resume the Scuba diving trips to our other Secret Island In Maldives again, details of that particular trip are on this link.
All you need to do is click on the button below and just type the word “Subscribe” in the Facebook Messenger Window that will open.
First, Please make sure you scroll down and read all the details such as Itinerary, What’s Included, What’s Not Included etc further down this page.
After that, fill up the application form on this page and you will get an automated mail within a minute with the cost of the trip and next steps.
And like we always say…….You snooze, You lose !
If your are interested in exploring opportunities to work at BEEP…..
PS: We are currently looking for young interns for “Work From Home” tasks, all you need is a laptop and phone.
These are once-in-a-lifetime experiences, not those touristy hordes being packed up in buses like sheep 🙂
🤙BEEP-Beautiful Experiences Extraordinary Places
🚀Skydive over the Himalayas| Scubadive @ secret islands| Snorkel with whales| Northern Lights
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.