China Trip To An Ancient Shaolin Temple To Learn Kung Fu From Shaolin Monks
Learn Kung Fu In China From Shaolin Monks At An Ancient Shaolin Temple
Bonus: One extraordinary night of camping on the ruins of the Great Wall Of China
UPDATE: We are organising this super special trip to learn kung fu in China in September and October 2017 again after which it will only happen again next year in April/ May 2018. To know the exact dates and cost of the September trip, use the application form on the page and we’ll get back to you!
Always thought that some day you’ll learn Kung Fu but never found your “Master Chifu”, who could hone your super human reflexes and lightning-fast moves ?
Here is your chance Panda, we are taking you on a Pilgrimage.
No, Not the religious kind silly.
In May we are going to take a few lucky folks with us to the literal home of Kung Fu deep in the mountains, to the Shaolin Temple where you will be temporarily inducted as “Shaolin Disciples”.
The lives of Shaolin Monks and their training has always been shrouded in mystery and to most, this will remind of the awesome movie, KungFu Panda! But we are talking about the real world and this, is really happening.
For one week in May, we have actually created an opportunity for a few people to experience a very sacred Temple in China surrounded by gorgeous mountain views, where KungFu originated more than 1500 years ago!!
“But what all will we learn at the Shaolin Temple ?”
We will learn Shaolin KungFu and meditation techniques from Shaolin warrior monks inside the temple, whilst also learning taichi and training for strength, speed, stamina, impact conditioning and applications with their guidance.
Apart from Kung Fu lessons, we will also learn about Buddhism, the culture and even other arts like Calligraphy etc
“But I’ve never done any Martial Arts or Kung Fu Training before ?”
This super special journey is open to everyone and you don’t need any prior physical training or Kung Fu experience. However, you do need to be healthy and have some basic fitness in place if you want to be able to keep up with the program.
Obviously, in one week we won’t learn to split bricks into two with our hand. You will, however, learn the basic of this mysterious ancient art form from true masters.
Remember, This is not a picnic.
UPDATE: We are organising this super special trip in September again after which it will only happen again next year in May. To know the exact dates and cost of the September trip, use the application form on the page and we’ll get back to you!
27th May – 4th June 2017
( Since there are 2 weekends within these dates, you only have to take leave for 5 days)
( Since there are 2 weekends within the dates for this trip, you only have to take leave for 5 days)
- Day 1: Arrive in Beijing around evening any time and chill.
- Day2 : We take a 3 Hour Bullet train in the morning to Zhengzhou and from there take a transfer to The Shaolin Temple away from the city and in the mountains. We relax and get acquainted with the place for the rest of the day.
- Day 3 – 6: We will have daily morning and evening training sessions with Shaolin Monk Teachers covering various aspects of Martial Arts, Meditation, Buddhism, Culture and Arts.
We will also have free time to explore the beautiful mountains around the temple with stunning views.It is home to a lot of cultural and historical monuments totally worth exploring.
There is a forest close by, secret caves and mountain peaks with panoramic views. There is enough exploration to be done through the secrets of China.
- Day 7: We return back to Beijing at noon and chill in Beijing for the evening
- Day 8: We start another adventure in the morning and head to a secret part of the Great Wall of China about 2-3 hours outside of Beijing where there are no lines of tourists at all (which the Great Wall is notorious for) and we set camp on the wall with panoramic views of the incredible wilderness all around.
- Day 9: We wake up to the incredible sunrise in complete peace with no other humans in sight.This is a rare feat in itself since The Great Wall is hoarded by tourists and is jam packed all day!
You will never forget this legendary morning.
In the afternoon we get back to Beijing and head to the airport for an evening flight back home!
Awesome people just like you, come for our trips from various cities and countries and we don’t like for it to be too crowded. So we cap the average number per group between 8 – 12 people with a healthy ratio!
These are once-in-a-lifetime experiences, not those touristy hordes being packed up in buses like sheep 🙂
- 5 Nights of accommodation in a hostel near the Shaolin Temple on sharing basis
- 2 Night Stay in Beijing ( One night at the beginning of the trip and one towards the end)
- All meals only during the duration of Stay at the Temple (There enough vegetarian food options available)
- All transportation between Beijing, Zhengzhou and the Shaolin Temple
- Daily Shaolin Kung Fu classes inside the Shaolin Temple, with a genuine Shaolin Warrior Monk
- Daily cardio, strength, conditioning and technique application training
- A tour of the Shaolin Temple
- A tour to the Pagoda Forest, Damo Cave and Wuru Peak
- Opportunity to enjoy a Shaolin kung fu performance at the Shaolin Temple
- Opportunity to volunteer at the Shaolin Temple Orphanage
- Certificate of participation
- International airfare
- China entry visa fee ( An official Invitation Letter from the Temple for our group will be provided for Visa Application)
- One night Stay in Your Own Tent On The Great Wall or We can help arrange a rental tent and sleeping bag in Beijing at a nominal price
- Any kind of personal expenses
In case you missed it, BEEP trips are not your usual “sightseeing tour packages” to commercial destinations. These are unique experiences that deserve passionate and awesome people, in pursuit of the extraordinary. In fact, some of our journeys have been called life changing events by guests who are now friends. I mean how many times in life do you get to jump out of a helicopter over snow clad Himalayas or be underwater with a Blue Whale or a Whale Shark, the world’s largest animal and the world’s largest fish !!
There are very limited spots possible on each trip that we put together with all our heart and soul and there are only so many we can do in a year. So to ensure that we have a fun bunch of awesome people on each of these amazing journeys, we ask you to….
Just fill in the quick form given below to avoid missing out on this opportunity.
You will hear from us shortly along with the cost.